Galentine’s Day is the perfect excuse to get together with your gal-friends for a girls’ night in! The 2 easiest things to put together are a simple charcuterie board and flatbread pizzas. Have the ladies bring their favorite dessert (ice cream and chocolate?!?), and you supply these perfect options to nosh on while watching Mean Girls, Bridesmaids, Thelma & Louise, or any of your favorite binge-worthy shows on Netflix, Amazon or Bravo!
Favorite Galentine’s Beverages:
- Moet Rose (champs for the gals)
- Mija Sangria
- Bottega Rose Gold (just for the bottle)
- Alta Vista or other Malbec
- Dreaming Tree Crush, or any Red Blend
- And of course, LOVE us some SkinnyGirl
How to build a simple charcuterie:
- Cheese, cheese and more cheese – no, really… and meat
- A soft cheese spread (A favorite is garlic and herb Boursin)
- Basic cheese, such as Cheddar or ColbyJack
- Blue Cheese
- Hot Cheese (mild go for Pepper Jack, hot go for a Horseradish Cheddar)
- Parmesan and/or Mozzarella
- Some super funky, smelly ones if you and your gals love it
- Dried sausage
- Hard salami and/or pepperoni
- Prosciutto, sliced thin (wrapped around bread sticks or on its own)
- Sopressata or any ham family
- A great jam or fig spread
- Any fruit that is in season – berries are the perfect pairing for Galentine’s
- Dried fruit, such as banana chips, dried apricots or dried apple slices
- Nuts – almonds, pistachios and walnuts are typical
- Roasted red pepper slices or stuffed peppers
- Something briny: olives or baby gherkins
- Sun-dried tomatoes
- Variety of crackers, bagel chips, pretzel crisps, etc.
Just have fun as you’re building, pile it on (average 2-3 slices of meat per person) and top with some fresh herbs! There really are no rules, just add what you and your guests are fans of!
Flatbreads are perfect to cut up and share with a group of friends. You can make so many varieties based on anyone’s taste buds. The crusts (and bistro sticks) from Brooklyn Bred are perfect! Grab a few of these and top how you want. Depending on your oven, what you are topping it with and your crispiness preference – it’s best to follow the cooking instructions on the package (however from personal experience, we would recommend crisping for about 5 minutes before adding any kind of sauce).
A great option is vodka sauce (G-day is a weeknight so let’s be realistic and say the jarred kind) with fresh mozzarella and basil. Have seasonings readily available for everyone such as oregano, crushed red pepper and garlic powder. Another fun option is having everyone make their own with their favorite sauces and toppings.
Some of our easy favorites are:
- Pesto with shredded mozzarella (optional to throw some roasted cherry tomatoes on top).
- Roasted garlic (wrap a head of garlic in tinfoil and roast at 425 for about 10-15 min), open it and smash/rub it over the crust with a few teaspoons of olive oil. Add dollops of ricotta and shredded mozzarella.
- Classic Margarita – good quality tomato sauce, fresh mozzarella and basil.
- Caesar Salad (love lettuce on pizza) – use the roasted garlic and olive oil recipe and crisp the flatbread. When you take it out of the oven, add the contents from a pre-made bag of caesar salad mix on the crust and top with fresh, shredded Parmesan cheese.
- Crisp it plain and top with anything from the charcuterie board!